superfluous

Author Topic: Gamecenter Layout issues ...  (Read 4629 times)

Offline jaypopsu

• All Pro
    • M.I.L.F. HOF
Gamecenter Layout issues ...
« on: August 23, 2006, 06:10:16 PM »
Our header on the gamecenter page doesn't stretch across the page, it seems to stop at the same place that the first column of the table stops.  I know, that isn't very descriptive.  Here's the link: http://mflhistory.com/leaguehistory.php?id=184&recordtype=gamecenter  The header is fine for Standings and Team Pages, etc.

Another issue on the same page, the game captions for each game don't seem to fill the table column width ... this is only apparent in Firefox.  IE is fine on this issue.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
JP

Offline jaypopsu

• All Pro
    • M.I.L.F. HOF
Re: Gamecenter Layout issues ...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »
Can somebody help me with this?

For some reason the top banner is picking up the width specs from the gamecenter_table in the css.  It looked fine at the beginning of the month when we set it up, then something changed somewhere around mid to late Aug and you can see the problem.

BUMP

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:31:43 PM »
Ok, I had some time to take a deeper look here, and although it looks like you've made some changes since posting this, here's what was most likely happening:

If you modify the CSS like this:
Code: [Select]
#gamecenter table{
padding-left:2px;
padding-right:2px;
width:475px;
border:none;
}

Then every table on the game center page is restricted to the 475 pixel width, INCLUDING the table at the very top of the page that contains the header.

If, on the other hand, you do this:
Code: [Select]
#gamecenter .gamematchup table{
padding-left:2px;
padding-right:2px;
width:475px;
border:none;
}

The addition of the .gamematchup piece will restrict this table size limitation to only the game matchup tables on this page and your header would span the full length of the page -- which is probably what you're really trying to do.

Offline jaypopsu

• All Pro
    • M.I.L.F. HOF
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:40:17 PM »
Ahhh, yep was missing that gamematchup class ... is there an easy way for me to have found that?

Thanks so much btw, for looking into it.

JP

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 10:44:20 PM »
Ahhh, yep was missing that gamematchup class ... is there an easy way for me to have found that?
I built it and it wasn't easy to figure out  ;D

What helped me get there was using Firefox and the Web Developer's Toolbox extension -- I just used trial and error to see which custom CSS would mess up the banner like that!