Author Topic: How do I get my MFL banner into my legue history page.  (Read 12649 times)

Offline tarznatz

• Veteran
Re: How do I get my MFL banner into my legue history page.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 03:46:12 AM »
okay, i figured that, but where within this code does it go? (as you can see this css is not easy for me)

.leaguehistorypageheader {
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-image: url(http://.....jpg);
height: 150px;
width: 100%;
}

Also, the page titles in my History page are not showing up very well. i'm going to try increasing what I think is the pixel size for that, but if I have problems, I'll be back.
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:19:48 AM by tarznatz »

Offline tarznatz

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 04:14:30 AM »
complete pain in the ass. Every time I twiddle with the code the whole thing doesn't work and it takes a half hour for me to get it back to where I started. If anyone can get the banner centered and the page titles to look right and be readable, let me know, cause i friggin give up. It only took me 12 hours to get it to look the way it is now!

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »
tarznatz,

I'm sorry that you're getting frustrated here. I think one important thing to realize is that CSS is pretty complex and the ability for MFL History to use custom CSS is intended for those customers who are proficient in using it. I wish that I had the time to help you more fully on this, but as this isn't a CSS support site, the best I can do is point you to some resources that may help you learn more:

http://www.cssbasics.com/
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_intro.asp

Both of these sites will give you some introduction and details into CSS coding, if you're interested.

In addition, in your case, where it looks like you are modifying CSS code that was developed by someone else, your best bet is to get in touch with that individual for help, since they will be much more intimately familar with it.

Offline bonscott

• All Pro
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 07:09:02 PM »
Also any CSS book by Eric Meyer is a good reference.  Should be able to pick one up for under $20.

Offline redzone

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 07:48:43 PM »
And always save a backup copy of your good CSS file on your hard drive so that you can upload it again to start over.
The Red Zone  - 2006 >> 48877 >> ID: 119
The Red Zone 2 - 2006 >> 30085 >> ID:  120

Offline tarznatz

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 08:05:54 PM »
doesn't seem to matter - today the whole thing is messed up again, even though I did nothing to it. it was working fine this morning, but now nothing.
I'm lost. This just shouldn't happen.

Offline redzone

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 08:12:15 PM »
Well, it appears that MFLaddons website has been hacked.  Which could be why stuff you have linked to their website isn't coming out right.
The Red Zone  - 2006 >> 48877 >> ID: 119
The Red Zone 2 - 2006 >> 30085 >> ID:  120

Offline tarznatz

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 09:15:23 PM »
yeah, i just figured that out too. even though my code is at my own site, a lot of the header stuff is directed at addons...i guess  i can relax ....phew!