superfluous

Author Topic: Customization  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Cybercomish

• Veteran
Customization
« on: May 15, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »
I've been playing around with trying to customize the site a little, but have had little to no success. I'd like to do the following things, but not sure which classes in my .CSS file I need to specifically target. I thought perhaps someone that has done it might know better than I.

Here's my list:

* Add my customized header to the top. Remove the text that has my league's name there and bump down a line or so the text that describes the scoring category below my header (i.e., "Single Game Records", etc).

* Remove the MFL History graphic on the left side.

* Change scoring category tab to brown color with gold text. And when active, change it to a black tab with gold text.

* Change table headers to gray color with gold text.

that's basically it. If I could get my MFLHistory site to that point, I'd be happy. thanks.

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
Re: Customization
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »
This post from the seldom-posted-to blog might get you started here

Offline Cybercomish

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
Cool...that gives me a start..thanks Paul

Offline keg61

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 11:16:56 PM »
This post from the seldom-posted-to blog might get you started here
i went there , checked it out , it was helpful , wasn't sure whether to post there or here ... so i'll try here first .... i would like to either move the tabs up on to my banner  (AND change the color of the text on the tabs while i'm at it) , or extend my background up under the tabs ... suggestions , ideas ??

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
Unfortunately, with all the flexibility that CSS offers, I simply don't have the time personally to support the more advanced/re-design type questions.

My suggestion would be to seek out some help from an expert in that area (which I'm not), even if they're not an MFL History expert. I think someone with deep web design experience would be able to quickly look at the style tags available here and help get you moving in the right direction.

One option might be Brandon at mfladdons.com

If you're looking to learn it on your own, I would do some searches on CSS and try to get some ideas for what you can do there.

Offline keg61

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 07:08:48 PM »
okie doke , thanx anyway ... i thought it might've been something you had already encountered. i'll ask around , i know that there are guys on the mfl forums that are pretty good at this stuff ... thanx , love your site