superfluous

Author Topic: Limits/Requirements....  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Game Time

• All Pro
Limits/Requirements....
« on: October 08, 2014, 11:34:41 AM »
Would it be possible to set some limits/requirements for some records...  (my site : http://www25.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/20832?MODULE=MESSAGE3)

Ex's:
1.) If you go to the Milestones page for me the 150 point games is getting rather large... Could that be limited in some way to say list the # of games per franchise or something so the list doesn't get too longin the future...

2.) (http://www.mflhistory.com/leaguehistory.php?id=430)
 For career stats tab - average points per game --- could there be a minimum # of games used to create this record (i.e 20 games for career average to be determined)

Just some thoughts.. Thanks again...

GT

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
Re: Limits/Requirements....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 04:28:09 PM »
GT,

I believe MFL History already has the capability to address both of these issues (one somewhat indirectly, the other very directly):

1. Milestones are meant to be a log of all teams hitting "historic" achievements in your league. I think of it like players getting their 3000th hit in baseball. In your league, it sounds like the default milestone level for points in a game of 150 is simply too low (if it's being achieved this often). You can change that to a higher threshold (or hide it altogether) on the Admin/Layout Options/Milestones page.

2. There is also an existing option to change the minimum # of games required to qualify for Career records -- go to the Admin/Layout Options/Career Records page, and you'll be presented with options like 1 season, 1 1/2 season, 2 seasons, etc

Let me know if that is what you need

Offline Game Time

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:31:10 PM »
Thanks.. The first one  worked great...

the second one though is in regards to my tab I created for career points scored and average per game per player....  That isn't in the career records page.... The reason I ask is for example is the #1 player for average career points per game is Bryce Brown because of his 3 game run 3 years ago... I'd like to set that to a minimum of 16 games so the record is a bit more telling......

hope that makes sense..... and I don't think I could set that on the Career records page

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't following that you were talking about custom records on this one.

Right now, there is no qualifying # of games type setting available in the custom records, so this would need to be an enhancement.

Offline Game Time

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 10:38:43 PM »
That would be an awesome enhancement IMHO...... Thanks for the info...