Author Topic: Creating Custom Records Help Please!  (Read 489 times)

Offline QFFLCommish

• Starter
Creating Custom Records Help Please!
« on: June 07, 2018, 05:26:12 PM »
I posted something similar last year and wasn't able to figure this out.  I am basically trying to use the 'individual player' record creator to make a record that I will call our league's HOF.  I am trying to create most points scored by position over our history.  I have followed the instructions for tab options and tab record mapping and have a Tab Created called "QFFL HALL OF FAME".  I then created a Record under that tab called "HOF - QB"  I can see the new Record under Current Record Definitions on the Record Designer page but when I go to look for it under the Layout Options tab, it doesn't show.  Can anyone help me?  This is a 23 year league so it will be cool for us to see who the best players over our history have been!  Thanks.  Our league populates to a CSS sheet located at: http://nitrografixx.com/graphics/qfft/QFFLHistory.css  Thanks for your help!

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
Re: Creating Custom Records Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 12:53:29 AM »
I will need your MFL History ID in order to check out your site. The css link below is just the visual style for your site.

I can help with the custom record setup but do be aware that I cannot debug your custom css. So if that is doing any hiding of items on your MFL History site, you would need to make modifications to the styles.

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 12:55:31 PM »
Is this your league? http://www.mflhistory.com/leaguehistory.php?id=286

If so, your hall of fame is working just fine in MFL History. If itís not showing up embedded on your MFL site, thatís a CSS/design issue that is outside of MFL History and would need to be fixed there.

Offline QFFLCommish

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
Thanks for checking.  So yes, now I have run into a CSS issue which I am at a loss with because 2017 and earlier sites are fine and Nitrografixx is out of business so I have no one to talk to about fixing it and have no access to their sites to even try.  The one MFL History issue it seemed I was still having though was that the QFFL HOF menu was only showing the records associated with "Player Records" menu (which I don't even want in the HOF menu) and not showing the custom records Options I created and under tabbed record mapping such as All-Time Points scored in career, etc.  Any idea on that one?  I tried deleting and then recreating the records and then mapping them several times but no luck.

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:50:51 AM »
I see one tab in your setup with the All Time Starter Career Points by Position record mapped to it

Are you seeing something different?

Offline QFFLCommish

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 03:43:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  So yes I am seeing something different when I go to the mflhistory site from our page.  I just again deleted the tab and records and tried to see if starting it over will work.  I created a new tab again called QFFL Hall of Fame.  I then deleted all custom records and added one new one called All-Time Points By Position under individual custom record creator.  The problem I am having now is when I go to the MFLHistory site and click the dropdown from the QFFL HOF, I do not see this new custom record in the dropdown list but I keep seeing the Individual Player records which are not custom and weren't created by me.   I had this working a couple of days ago but something changed and now I can't get it to see any new custom records.  Please let me know what you think. 

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »
When I visit your MFLHistory page, choose your custom tab and click Go, Iím brought to a page that shows your one assigned custom record.

If this is not working while embedded on your MyFantasyLeague site, youíre going to have to find a way to fix your custom CSS.

Offline QFFLCommish

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 03:37:30 AM »
 So you think it is a css problem then?  I don't know because it was there before but now it isn't anymore and I just get those player records I mentioned in the dropdown.  Not sure how to fix it or who I could even go to and try and fix it. 

Offline prpost

• Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • MFLHistory.com
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 04:14:37 AM »
I can only help,with what I see here http://www.mflhistory.com/leaguehistory.php?id=286

If the custom records are working there, but not on your embedded version, then itís definitely a problem with your CSS